Friday, October 18, 2019

Perfectly Imperfect!



I am a perfectly imperfect mom!





           

Sometimes I get obsessed in trying to make things "perfect" for my kids! 



I have learned in my journey of motherhood that perfect does not exist.
I have learned this by trial and error.
I wore myself thin trying to go above and beyond to create a fantasy for my children.
When it comes to birthdays, holidays, special events and even cleaning their rooms ( I don't clean their rooms anymore) I have always made everything appear like it was done magically.
It's like I was putting on a presentation and making a production out of everything.

Well, all of that got tiring after a few years.
Maybe during those years I was obsessing to try and prove to myself that I was a good mom.
The truth is that I did not need all of the bells and whistles to prove that I was a good mom.
I could have saved a lot of time and energy, my energy would have have been best used to engage more with my children. I did a great job in making everything appear magical for my children to see when they walked through the doors. However, the truth is that once the actual reveal of the surprise happened I was so tired because I spent most of my energy creating the fantasy.

I learned that "perfect" does not exist and my children do not care about having a perfect mom.
My children value my presence over everything.
I also no longer have the need to put on a presentation or make a production out of everything. 
Whatever I do now, I do it with ease and I know that my kids will be thankful.
When they look back on their childhood they won't remember the "perfect" party I threw for them. My kids will remember the time we spend together making memories.

Anyway, this is my truth about my journey.
Thanks for reading!


No comments: