Monday, July 13, 2020

Mom Gone Stir-Crazy In Quarantine

Yes, I was going stir-crazy staying home everyday in the summer.
We have a pool and other entertainment, but just staying home and nothing else is starting to take a hold on me. I had to get out of the house more often, staying in the house is starting to affect my mental health.

Don't get me wrong! I enjoy relaxing at home, but sometimes I need to get out!

To get over my stir-craziness, my family and I decided to go to mall, we took our children to get some Ice cream. We took all the precautions to keep ourselves safe. We wore masks and sanitize our hands often. I have been trying to keep my family safe from this virus by staying home, however, I have to also remember to take care of my mental health.


It was great to get out and see other people and have a change of scenery. After, my children had Ice cream we did some shopping. Getting out and having a change in scenery is just what I needed. I have to plan more activities l include leaving the house. The world is scary, but I can't stay in a bubble forever. My mental health is just as important as my physical health. As long as I take precautions to keep my family safe that is the most important thing. Looking forward to what adventures the summer holds.


2 comments:

Bodine Smith said...

I truly agree that taking care of the personal mental stability is important in these trying times. I felt like I have been lost. My mind has filed with so many conflicting thoughts of life and it's uncertainties, my emotions and feelings to the changes we are faced with spiritually, psychologically, politically are overwhelming to say tge least. I too have kept my kids in since March 16th, and have found that the confinement has taken a toll on how we function, eat, and communicate within our homelife. I'm intrigued to see how other mom's especially stay at home mom's have succumbed to our new normal.

Cassandra Rodgers said...

Hi Bodine,

Thank you for sharing, I ca't believe that I just saw this comment from months ago. I agree, we have all been through a lot in these last few years with the pandemic. That coupled with being a stay at home mom is not easy, we are all trying to stay a float spiritually,psychologically and physically. I try to get some sunshine, sleep and do things together as a family. Although these are scary and uncertain times, we can't afford to let fear keep us from living. We have to keep moving, but do so in a safe way, I think that is the key.