Monday, July 19, 2021

Teens And Their Devices

 Are you like me, struggling to get those teens outside and away from their devices? 


Those of us who grew up without cell phones and social media, understand the fun that can be had without devices. I wish that my children could understand the simplicity of riding their bicycles and playing tag. Instead, I literally have to beg them to engage in outdoor activity. The only exception is when they are at a theme park or on our family walks. Other than that I have to beg them and even then they will be clicking away on their devices. 

I know it's not just me that goes through this with teens, even with technology restrictions it is still a hassle. Meanwhile, my children have two brand new bicycles collecting dust in the garage. Me with my bright ideas also got them roller skates for Christmas, hoping that they would learn how to skate. They were interested until they actually got the skates. I know that in their eyes I am that annoying mom hassling them to do activities without their devices. I just want them to be well rounded and not get sucked into the vortex of technology. Is that too much to ask! 

 I am sure that some will say that I sound like a nagging mom right now. I am not trying to be a nag, I just want them to take everything in moderation and have healthy habits. I don't think that's too much to ask for. How do you help your teens to develop healthy habits with technology? Share your ideas in the comments.


No comments: