Monday, July 26, 2021

I Hope That I Am Getting This Parenting Thing Right

I hope that I am getting this parenting thing right.I am constantly asking myself if I am giving too much or too little to my children. I torture myself daily with these questions. Most of the time things never seem to go as planned, in parenting there are lots of surprises along the way. Surprises is an understatement, that's for sure. Most of the time I feel like I am coming up short, but is this true? 

I am trying to be patient with myself, and make peace with the fact that I am doing my best. My desire is always to do my best. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but it certainly is hard not to do so. I am taking it one day at a time, practicing being gentle with myself and being positive.

There well be good times and difficult times in parenting. All of it is worth while because we do it for the ones we love the most. However, let's not forget to love on ourselves. 


No comments: