Monday, September 27, 2021

I Am Guilty Of Trying To Fix Everything For My Children

 Yes, 

I confess!!!

I am guilty!!

I can't help myself sometimes and I want to make everything alright, and make sure everything is smooth sailing for my children. I have a hard time standing by and seeing my children struggle. I want to make there lives as easy as possible. The problem with this is that I am not giving them the independence they need to grow. I have only recently came to the realization that I can't fix every situation for my children. There are somethings that they must solve on there own to have independence and build a healthy self esteem. Me solving everything for my children, will not give them the chance to feel the gratification of the self accomplishment. Self accomplishment is important in have a healthy self esteem and self worth. 

Although, I would like to fix every situation, something's they will have to do alone. I am doing them a disservice if I am not allowing them to have some independence. I can't play "mommy fix it"  forever, it is time that I make some changes. However, make no mistake I will be there to be a support system for them no matter what.

No comments: