Monday, May 4, 2020

School Is Closed For The Rest Of The Year, Now What!? #Quarantine


Well mommies, we made it this far!

Give yourselves a pat on the back because 2020 hasn't been so easy.👏👏👏👏

I want to start off by saying congratulations to parents who have children graduating high school, Congratulations Class of 2020!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉


Many of you might be facing the same reality that I am, school doors are closed and virtual learning continues. Your child may be a senior faced with the reality that prom and graduation are also cancelled this year. It is a hard time for parents and students everywhere and I feel your pain. The upside is that us precious children are safe and healthy and that is the most important thing. 


Are My Children Alright?

I am trying to make sure that my children are alright with all the changes that has been happening. I want to be there for them as much as I can. The whole world has been dealing with uncertainty and being away from friends and family. It's been a lot to wrap my head around, I can just imagine how hard it might be for a child to process. I check in with my children on  a daily basis to make sure they are doing well. We try to keep the fun going so that we are not easily disturbed by all the sadness that is happening. I also, encourage my children to stay in contact with their friends. My children are reporting that they are doing alright, I am doing the best that I can  to support them and hoping for the best.

This year was suppose to be my daughter's 8th grade graduation, 8th grade dance, 8th grade trip and field day. All of that is up in the air at this point, we will be lucky if she even got a graduation this year. I feel a little guilty that she will miss out on some of these events. My son enjoyed his 8th grade activities 2 years ago at the same school, we wished the same thing for my daughter. My husband and I made a big deal about my son's 8th grade graduation and we planned on doing the same for my daughter. My daughter worked so hard, she spent so much time and energy on preparing for high school  entrance exams, interviews and auditions. She truly deserved to have the bells and whistles for her hard work. High school decisions were also deferred and so we are now playing the waiting game. Life has come to a halt, but I am hopeful and being positive that there will be a great outcome. 

Regardless, of the decisions about graduation, I will make my daughter's 8th grade year very special. I may have to get creative and do it at home but it will be special. Us moms we do the best we can with what we have, we are moms and we are resilient. 

Hang in there mommies, we are all in this together!!!


No comments: