Monday, September 14, 2020

How Is Quarantine School Going?





This year is unlike any other year for our children, instead of going to a school building our home office has become the make shift classroom. Teachers and student are meeting virtually this school year in our school district until further notice. This global pandemic has disrupted our usual way of doing things, we are all living our version of the new normal. 

Hiccups 

We have had our share of hiccups when it comes to remote learning/distant learning. The first day of school was a struggle for me, I have two children in two different phase of their education. They are both equally as important. My daughter is starting highs school and my son is in his junior year of high school. It's a challenge, to keep up with everything on a regular basis then you add a pandemic to make it more complicated. The first day of high school for my daughter was difficult because technology was not cooperating with us. It was frustrating to say the least, that was not a good first day of high school for her. Like the mama bear I am, I had to troubleshoot every issue with the school. I was able to find a way for her to attend class even though she did not have full access to her assignments. I fought a good fight and by the second day, everything was up and running. We decided to make the second day our official first day, to make up for the rough day we had previously. My son on the other hand had a smooth sailing day, although his junior year will be spent here at home, we will make the best of it. 

Staying Connected

I encourage my children to stay connected with their friends because socialization is very important. Children need to have wholesome friendships and a sense of normalcy in this pandemic. There are so many changes taking place in the last few months, children need stability. Staying connected with friends can give that stability in these uncertain times. We all need a constant in our lives at this moment, this pandemic has shown us that life is uncertain. My constant has been my faith and my family. Everything maybe changing around us but we are there for each other. 

Whatever Tomorrow Brings

Whatever tomorrow brings we will rise challenge and keep moving forward. This is not an ordinary school year, but we've got this! 

No comments: