Monday, October 12, 2020

MOM GUILT IS REAL!

 Mom guilt is such a real thing in every sense of the word. 

I have experienced mom guilt at every stage of my motherhood journey. I would feel guilty about buying something for myself or having free time. I would rather go without and make sure that me children have what they need and things that they may want. Being a mom is no doubt a selfless job, and the bottom line for me is that, I would rather spend my last dollar on my children. I will admit, that in the infancy of motherhood my appearance was not the best that it could be. My children on the other hand, were always dressed nicely and taken care of. In fact, one of my favorite pass times was dressing my kids up and taking pictures. I was and am always stingy with the time I have for self-care. I felt guilty about nearly everything that meant that I would have to give time and resources to myself. 


Striking Balance

Now that my children are teenagers, I still feel mom guilt at times. I am just learning how to take better care of myself. Mommy burnout is also real and often times for me it's caused by mom guilt. I previously felt like I needed to jump through hoops to please everyone. Now, I know that I need to take care of myself so that I can give my best self to my family. There are other manifestations of mom guilt, some of these may be natural feelings that moms go through. Whatever, the case I am working my way through it and taking good care of myself. 

No comments: