Monday, April 12, 2021

Is This Pandemic Over yet? Is Equivalent To Are We There Yet!

 I did not see this coming, I didn't know that the pandemic would last this long. It has been a crazy ride, I feel for my children because they have missed so much. It's been over a year now since this pandemic has been raging war on the global community. My children are tired of it and so am I. We have missed so much but in the midst of it all we are still experiencing blessings. We have definitely been experiencing blessings despite the hardships of the pandemic. My emotions have been up and down, having our regular routines disrupted and then watching so many lives been lost to Covid-19 it has been hard. 

I like many, thought that this pandemic would have been gone by Mother's Day of  2020. I held out hope like many others that we would get the all clear to resume our regular lives. No such luck here we are about to approach Mother's Day of 2021 and the pandemic is still here to stay. I never thought that I would be so sick of being at home 24/7. I love my home and I am thankful for it but, some fresh air and a change of scenery is always a good escape from the home.

Recently my husband and I took our children on their first plan ride. It was also my husband's first time flying. It was a welcome distraction from quarantine and virtual working life. It was just what the doctor ordered, we needed excitement and adventure. We enjoyed the Florida sun for a little while and then  returned to our home. It is great to get out and see different things and it's also a blessings to return to our home safely. As long as we are being safe when we do things, that is all that matters. 

This pandemic have me asking "Are we there yet?" just like a child would on a road trip. This pandemic has been some road trip, I am sure that you all can relate to that. I am hanging in there and I am sure that you are too. I am going to try my best to continue to have gratitude and keep things moving in a positive direction. I am sure that we are all tired of the pandemic and are counting the days of when we will be free from this virus. Until then I will continue to seek moments of adventure and excitement with my family. This too shall pass, let's keep hope alive. 

No comments: