Monday, December 23, 2019

Good Night Sleep Tight!



Most children sleep in their own beds.
However, for us the first five years our children slept in our bed.
We had the hardest time getting them to sleep in their own beds. 
The back and forth to their room was so draining, we just gave up and gave into them.
Four people in a queen size bed was not an ideal situation.
Needless to say my husband and I woke up with all types of aches and pains in our body. 
I often woke up with little feet in my face, and let's not talk about the kicking and slaps in my face. Not to mention that it put a damper on our love life. 

My son was five years old and my daughter was 3 years old when we decided that this had to end. 
I was not up for the back and forth to and from their room. 
Finally we just put a television in their room so that they could watch cartoons until they fell asleep.
Please don't judge us for that but we were disparate. Luckily, it worked out for us, our children fell asleep and we turned off the television. We kept up this routine until we slowly transition them into going to sleep without the television. 

Bedtime was a struggle but thankfully we got through it. We got our bed back and we got our private time back.                                 
                                         
                                                            

No comments: