Monday, January 20, 2020

When Did I Become An Uncool Mom?



I remember the days when my children thought that I was the coolest mom on planet earth.
My son held on to my coat tails for dare life, and he followed me around 24/7. He would say to me "mom your hair is so pretty" while stroking my hair with his hand.
My daughter was like my mini me, I can even remember her saying to me once "mom I want to be a worker just like you" that was in the good old days when my daughter was so impressed watching me do housework. 


                                                     


 




                                       
When Did I Become An Uncool Mom?


The teenage years have made things more interesting, my son no longer follows me around and my daughter no longer admires the house work that I do. The teenage years has ushered in a new wave of independence and with that came a little distance from good old mom. Also, let's face it teenagers are in that mode of self discovery, and that mean pulling away from mom a little. They are learning to form their own opinions and figure out what they want out of life. I am not as cool as they once thought, to them I am just mom. Upon their request, my interactions with them are also limited when we are in public and around their friends. I am trying to get use to the fact that they no longer think that I am cool like they once did. It's all good though! The wonderful part of it all is that, my children and I are finding new ways to bond and relate. I say goodbye to "cool mom" but I say hello to a new and stronger bond with my young adults. 

No comments: