Monday, January 6, 2020

My Scariest Moment As A Parent!


As a parent I have experienced many scary moments.
As you can image the countless bumps and bruises that children may encounter.
As parents we try our best to keep our children healthy and keep them from danger.
Sometimes there are some circumstances that are out of our control.
One of my scariest moments was when my daughter fractured her arm at 4 years old. I was so terrified to find out that my daughter was injured while playing. To my dismay, I found out that she was jumping on and off her bed when she fell and hurt her arm. I immediately put ice on her arm, she was feeling pain but surprisingly not crying. The next day I saw that her arm was swollen, and the pain had increased. I was in a panic and off course I took her to the hospital. After an examination I found out that her arm was fractured. She needed to see an orthopedic doctor immediately. Everything was happening so fast I was in total shock. The orthopedic confirmed that she had a fracture and she needed to put a cast on. I was such a nervous wreck, I could not even stand the sight of the cast being put on. I excused myself from the exam room and left my husband to be there for my daughter. This was one of the scariest moment as a parent. It was heart breaking to see my 4 year old in pain. I will never forget that moment that's for sure, but my daughter decided to have a little fun by getting a pink cast. At least she was holding up alright with the situation even though I was a mess. Her little eyes lit up when she saw the beautiful pink cast and I was happy that she was going to be alright.


                                                    I held on to the cast!



No comments: