Monday, March 30, 2020

Surviving #Stayhome And Social Distancing Culture





I for one never saw this coming, I don't think anyone saw this coming. This tragic virus that has been attacking our communities have thrown us for a loop. We went from a busy fast pace society to shut downs, mandatory stay at home laws and keeping 6 ft social distance between each other. Most of us are also home school teachers for the first time as schools are shut down. Food is flying off the shelves in the grocery stores and what's up with everyone stock piling toilet paper!? The stock piling of groceries has been super annoying, but we are all making it through. I try to get groceries delivered when I can to avoid going out, and then frantically sanitizing the packages. I have been obsessively  sanitizing everything, and washing my hands countless times. My hands are dry and ashy at this point but I would rather be safe than sorry. One of the hardest things has been to keep my children on task with there school work. Let's face it! Children will test the boundary, they may feel like they are on a long spring break. Also, getting enough exercise that is a new challenge staying inside. Although my kids and I are inside I have a spouse that is a essential worker. Having a spouse who has to work in this atmosphere is also a new experience. The 6 feet in social distance from another person has been awkward for many. This is a time when we second guess being around everyone even family. There are new challenges with the stay at home culture but there are also a lot of pros to being home.

Safety and Family Time!
I get it!
Safety is the most important thing despite the challenges of living in #stayhome culture. We are all safe and healthy and that is the most important thing. Spending time with my family has been a thrill, there is nothing like spending quality time with the people I love. We made smoothies, played board games, watched movies, cook meals together and walk our dog. We are making the moments count and staying positive in this new culture.


HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AND ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DO!!!!!!! 

No comments: