Monday, August 10, 2020

Back To School Or Not?

 

It's August and decisions about whether school will be in person or virtual is in the works. My family and I are still in the swing of summer but we are bombarded by phone calls and emails regarding school. Our school district in New Jersey has given us the choice to send our kids to in person school or attend virtual school. Only 10 students will be in each classroom, therefore majority of the students will attended virtual school. Both of my children are in two different transitions of life. My daughter is starting high school for the first time, and my son will be in his junior year of high school. These years are very important, not to mention that children need socialization, peer interaction is very important. A lack of socialization is also a threat to mental health. It has been a difficult and agonizing decision for me, I felt like I have been beating myself up about this decision.


This Decision Has Been Stressful! 😵😵😵

Ultimately, I made the decision to have my children attend virtual school. I don't feel like it will be safe for my children to attend in person school. There are too many unknown variables with in person school. On the other hand there are also many unknowns about virtual school. I hope that the quality of education with virtual school will be also be a fulfilling experience for my children. I have faith that I made the right decision. 

Parents We Are In This Together!

This global pandemic has completely turn everything upside down. I hope that children and parents across our nation and around the globe have the support that they need. We are all in this together, whatever decision you make for your child have faith that you are making the right decision. 

No comments: