Monday, August 24, 2020

Parenthood Is An Honorable Path

 Parenthood is not an easy path but it is an honorable path. Choosing to have sole responsibility for little human beings is honorable and selfless.


Running The Race Of Perseverance

Perseverance has always been key for me, because every phase of parenting has challenged me in some way. I feel like I am constantly being stretched like a rubber band in many different directions. Yes, sometimes I feel like that rubber band that is about to pop under pressure. πŸ˜ƒ I am not going to pretend like everything is easy and organized at all times. When I started this blog I wanted to talk about my true experiences as a parent, you definitely will not get sugarcoating from me. There has been a lot of crying in my not so good moments of parenting, and a lot of praying to get my through the rough times. I am running the race of perseverance daily as a parent.


Embracing The Good And Bad Times

As a parent I have learned to embrace the good times and capture the memories that are special with my children. My children and I have done so many great things together, we have tons of memories and bonding time. The wonderful times we spent together as a family is something that we can all look back on one day. When my children are older they I know that they will appreciate those moments even more. Memories are forever! 

Confession: In the early year struggled with depression and so although I was present with my children, I did not enjoy motherhood as much as I could have. My children were my motivation to seek help for my depression, once I started to heal I was able to truly enjoy special moments with my children. My children were not old enough to witness me struggling from depression. I am thankful that I was able to recover while my kids were so young, it would have broken my heart to have them see me like that. 

That was one example of the bad times, there are also plenty of other parenting moments that are not so great. However, the lessons that I've learned from the tough times have been valuable. The rough times really taught me to stretch my thinking outside of the lines, and it taught me to have compassion for myself and my family. Most of all the lessons have all taught me perseverance. I can't give up no matter what the situation, I must have hope and keep moving forward. 


πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†Parenthood The Honorable PathπŸ†πŸ†πŸ†

Parenthood is an honorable path, congratulations to all who have chosen to walk this path. 




No comments: