Monday, February 15, 2021

How To Talk To Teens About Sex?!

  I actually was not dreading talking to my children about sex. I have always purposed in my heart to be open and honest with them, because I want them to get accurate information. Although, I now that that the school will cover some of the information, I have always felt like ultimately it's my responsibility to educate my children on the subject the school will just supplement that. I would not depend solely on the school to handle sex education. 

My husband and I decided to talk about sex separately with our children. He talked to my son and I talked with my daughter. It just seem to be easier to do that, so that they can have privacy and feel comfortable to ask questions. There will be a time soon that we will talk to them together and give a more in depth education about sex and how to protect themselves. 

I remember growing up, talking about sex in my household was not appropriate and it was taboo. I learned everything about sex from school or talking to friends. I vowed to myself that I would create a safe environment for my children, to learn and ask as many questions as they wanted. I want my children to feel safe coming to me to talk about whatever.  I want them to know that mom and dad will always be there for them without judgement. That's my take on the subject. Please feel free to comment and join the conversation. 

No comments: