Monday, February 1, 2021

To Spank Or Not To Spank My Children

 This maybe a touchy subject for some. This discussion is not meant to make anyone feel uncomfortable or judged. We all parent differently and that is alright. the following article is just my personal opinion. 


This is an interesting topic. My opinion is based on my own childhood upbringing, if you do things differently that is totally fine.

I am have decided not to spank my children, I suppose that I have always wanted to parent the opposite way of how I was raised. In some ways I have learned from my childhood, in knowing what I do and don't want. Spanking was a no go for me even before I gave birth to my children. I knew right away that I would not be taking that route with my children. 

I use the time out method with my children and I also take away their devices as a punishment. Is this a full proof method? No! However, I know my children and what will get the point across. To each their own, this parenting thing is hard, we are all just trying to give our best. May we be strong and victorious in the pursuit of parenthood. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Growing up as a child that got a lot of spankings, made me a little tough. I will say though I don't like spankings just based on how I remember it feeling. However I do spank one of my children more often than the other. Talking was and is my go-to then removing objects of their liking, then timeouts & finally raising my voice before giving one last chance before spankings. It's tough but, when you have a child that pushes every boundary you place and it's not until you spank then do they start to 👂 you makes it hard to not get to that point.

Cassandra Rodgers said...

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I value everyone's point of view and parenting styles. We all parent differently and that is alright. I do understand that,children will test your patience. I just don't like how spanking my children makes me feel emotionally. Also, I remember how I felt when I got spankings, I don't want my children to feel that way.That's why I don't do it. Thank you for your feedback and thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate it!